SS expanded cellular silicone rubber has a predominantly closed cell structure with an integral smooth surface skin, leading to very low water absorption. It has high compressibility and low compression set over a wide temperature range, making it an ideal choice for gaskets and seals. It has excellent thermal insulation properties and is also a good acoustic insulation material at the temperature extremes where thermoplastic foams cannot be used. SS grades are suitable for long term continuous use from -60F (-50C) to 400F (204C) and for intermittent use from -80F (-62C) to 450F (232C).
- Standard firmness grades: soft (SS10), medium-soft (SS20) and medium-firm (SS30)
- Available in sheets 36in x 36in (915mm x 915mm) and rolls 36in (915mm) wide
- Standard thicknesses 1/8, 3/16, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 3/4, 1inch (3.2, 4.8, 6.4, 9.5, 12.7, 19.1, 25.4mm) normally available from stock in SS10 and SS20 red material
- Custom thicknesses are possible from 1/16in (1.6mm) to 1in (25.4mm) but range may be limited for some grades.
- Sheets are fully postcured and can be certified to selected ASTM D1056 and ASTM D6576 specifications and AMS 3195 / 3196
- Roll stock is not postcured, but can also be certified to AMS 3195 / 3196
- Standard color is red; grey, black, white and special color matches are also available
- Grey flame retardant grades, SS10FR (UL94 V-0), SS20FR (UL94 V-0)
- White FDA 21 CFR 177-2600 grade, SS30FDA, for food contact applications
- Available in special sizes and die-cut to requirements
- AA1 pressure sensitive adhesive backing available by special order